|Search for Names
Search by ID Number
18 Jul 2014 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- Information of the family contained in the Diary of Caroline Eliza Sanderson (1841-1933), who married Alexander Charles Baddeley Moffat, and many of whose children built a new life in Argentina.
5 Jun 2014 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- Information of the family of Robert Crookall Moffat and Elizabeth O’Grady. He was captain of a dredger from Fleetwood, and who moved to Dublin.;
- Information on the family of Reginald Grahame Moffat who married in Malta to Winifred Gladys Clucas, who so disliked her forenames that she was known as Ann.
4 May 2014 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- Information of the family containing several members named Robert Ireland Moffat;
- Information on the family of Michael Moffitt from Swinford in County Mayo.
5 April 2014 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- Family of Edgar John Moffat (1887-1977) and Jane Quartermaine (1887-1963) who emigrated to New Zealand.
3 February 2014 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- George Henry Moffett, of Cape Province, South Africa, adopted son of William Moffett. William had married George Henry's widowed mother, Elizabeth Mary Schreiber;
- Margaret Moffat (1816-1898), daughter of John Moffat and Agnes Wilson, one of 8 children, and who married Adam Scott. Her father and husband were both shepherds in Berwickshire;
- Vincent Charles Moffat, b 1924, Dorking, Sussex, died 2010, Perth, Western Australia.
30 Dec 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- Clarity with Festus Moffat (1895-1959), Festus Moffat (1896-1970) and Festus David Moffat (1907-1995), named after their grandfather Festus Moffat (1825-1884).;
- Family of Robert Alexander Moffat (1901-1989), Colliery manager in Midlothian, his wife Ella Ramsay (1906-1978), son of David Moffat (1869-1946) and Jane Moffat (1861-1935).;
- John Moffat (1840-1910), his wife Jane Deans (1843-1914) of Berwickshire, Scotland, who dedicated a family bible, and their daughter Mary Jackson Moffat (1877-1943), who bequeathed an unexpected legacy.
3 Dec 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- Margaret Frood Moffat (1870-1951), who married James Anderson;
- John Knox Moffat I (1853-1924) and his children among whom John Knox Moffat II, Alfonso Moffat and Euphemia Moffat (1881-1944) who married Herbert Gifford Stower, and the family's strong links with Argentina;
- Robert Moffat, b 1881 Fleetwood, Lancashire, but moved to Dublin, married Elizabeth O'Grady, and had a family of 11 children.
1 Nov 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- The family of George Moffett, who fled his family pursued by gambling debts, leaving his long-suffering wife Georgina to bring up the family.
- The first wife, Sarah Walton, of John Stevenson Moffatt.
- Andrew Moffatt, of St Mary Woolnoth, London, in the mid 18th Century.
- Sorting out the families of James Moffat, gunsmith; James Moffat, watch case maker, and James Moffat, mariner, all in early 19th century London, with wives Esther, Rebecca and Elizabeth, and their children.
2 Oct 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- The family of Herbert Horace Moffatt (1881-ca1942), Staffordshire, England and his wife Jessie Maitland (1882-1942), Wandsworth, London, who emigrated to Toronto, Canada, and then moved to Seattle, Washington by way of Edmonton, Alberta. They had 5 children.
2 Sep 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database.
28 Aug 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- The family of Henry Nathaniel Moffett (1887-1946) and his wife Patience Nicholls (1888-1964). They had at least 19 children, of whom 14 are visible, having already passed away;
- Corrections on the structure of the family of Stephen Moffett, Tipperary, Ireland. He married Mary Reddin in King's County (now Offaly) and emigrated to Manchester, as shown by the baptismal text for their daughter Mary Ann;
- A note to Phyllis Moffat (1812-1890) (b Shetlands, md George Thomson, d California), that she is more correctly identified as Philadelphia Thomason.
July 2013 Minor updates to the Clan Moffat Society database.
29 June 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database.
2 Apr 2008 - We are pleased to announce that our genealogical database has been augmented by the addition of some 15,000 new “Moffat” entries, as compiled by the genealogist of the Clan Moffat UK & Eire. These entries are mostly limited to Great Britain, and limited to those bearing the name “Moffat” (or variant), as well as the husbands of Moffat women who marry. Its major advantage is that it contains ALL the Moffats resident in England, Scotland and Wales listed in the 1881 census, so that if your Moffat ancestor was in Great Britain during 1881, s/he will be in the database. Conversely, if s/he is missing, you can assume the person to be deceased, to have emigrated or, in the case of women, to have married and be using a different surname. Our goal is to increase the coverage to all Moffats listed in the UK Censuses 1841 – 1901. Please click here for a more detailed description of the database.
This database will be upgraded on a monthly basis. If you have corrections or additions to this database, please submit them to the genealogist using the SUGGEST facility, so that they can be incorporated in a subsequent upgrade.
|Clan Moffat Genealogy Online
Last Update posted
|20 Jul 2014 - Clan Moffat UK - 37,373 individuals.|
|14 May 2014 - Clan Moffat Genealogy - 77,167 individuals.||
Deaths within the last 180 days
Skye Thomas Fields - 25 September 1969 - 8 May 2014|
Elusive People Full List
A researcher writes "I am hoping to get into the DAR and the only thing I am missing is something connecting the above Peter Craven to his son, John R. Craven (1793-1858). I have proved that Peter is Thomas, Esq's son and that John R. is Eli's father (my great great grandfather). Do you know if Peter made a will? I have Thomas's will and John R's." If anyone can help please contact us through this site.
Hugh Moffat was Mayor of Detroit during the 1870s. If you have any information about him please contact me
Looking for Descendants of Earl Cary.|
A researcher is looking to make contact with any descendants of Earl Cary who might have information about his flying career with the RAF during World War II.