|Search for Names
Search by ID Number
3 Dec 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- Margaret Frood Moffat (1870-1951), who married James Anderson;
- John Knox Moffat I (1853-1924) and his children among whom John Knox Moffat II, Alfonso Moffat and Euphemia Moffat (1881-1944) who married Herbert Gifford Stower, and the family's strong links with Argentina;
- Robert Moffat, b 1881 Fleetwood, Lancashire, but moved to Dublin, married Elizabeth O'Grady, and had a family of 11 children.
1 Nov 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- The family of George Moffett, who fled his family pursued by gambling debts, leaving his long-suffering wife Georgina to bring up the family.
- The first wife, Sarah Walton, of John Stevenson Moffatt.
- Andrew Moffatt, of St Mary Woolnoth, London, in the mid 18th Century.
- Sorting out the families of James Moffat, gunsmith; James Moffat, watch case maker, and James Moffat, mariner, all in early 19th century London, with wives Esther, Rebecca and Elizabeth, and their children.
2 Oct 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- The family of Herbert Horace Moffatt (1881-ca1942), Staffordshire, England and his wife Jessie Maitland (1882-1942), Wandsworth, London, who emigrated to Toronto, Canada, and then moved to Seattle, Washington by way of Edmonton, Alberta. They had 5 children.
2 Sep 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database.
28 Aug 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- The family of Henry Nathaniel Moffett (1887-1946) and his wife Patience Nicholls (1888-1964). They had at least 19 children, of whom 14 are visible, having already passed away;
- Corrections on the structure of the family of Stephen Moffett, Tipperary, Ireland. He married Mary Reddin in King's County (now Offaly) and emigrated to Manchester, as shown by the baptismal text for their daughter Mary Ann;
- A note to Phyllis Moffat (1812-1890) (b Shetlands, md George Thomson, d California), that she is more correctly identified as Philadelphia Thomason.
July 2013 Minor updates to the Clan Moffat Society database.
29 June 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database.
31 May 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database.
30 April 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database.
29 March 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
- Data on Phyllis Moffat (1812-1890), Shetland Islands, who married George Thomson, the son of Mary Moffat.;
- The unusual case of Nathaniel Corbet Moffat (1893-1953), son of James Corbet and Susan Corbet (formerly Moffat, maiden surname Sneddon), but who preferred to use the surname of his mother's first husband.;
- A correction in the birth dates of Thomas Moffat (1851) and Thomasina Moffat (1853), Shetland Islands, which had erroneously been transposed.
28 February 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
Contains various improvements.
- Completion of project to enter all people in the 1911 Census of England. In particular, all Moffat children born 1901-1911, who were alive in 1911;
- The family of John Moffett (1796-1853) of County Sligo, Ireland, whose son, William Moffett was posted with the Army in 1860 to South Africa, and settled there;
- The family of George Moffat (1855-1908), whose son, Ralph Duns Moffat, emigrated to Canada, together with his brothers and sisters.
29 January 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
Contains various improvements.
- Ancestry of Robert Moffat, 17th century, who served the King of Sweden, based on his Birth Brief, recently discovered in Swedish Archives;
- The family of William Moffat (1796-ca 1844) who emigrated 1840 to Australia on the ship "Isabella Watson", and who settled in Queensland, detail as preserved by his daughter Marion Moffat Cahill (1834-1922);
- Corrected parentage for Andrew Moffat (1823-ca 1885), Old Monkland.
3 January 2013 An update to the Clan Moffat UK database:
Contains various improvements.
- John Moffat, (1832 - at least 1911), of Dumfriesshire, but eventually lived in Burnley, who married first Joan Adamson, and second Mary Ann Eastwood;
- Annie Portsmouth Moffat (1876-1975), who married George Reuben Dowsett;
- 1861 census entry for Mary Moffat, who married the explorer David Livingstone.
2 Apr 2008 - We are pleased to announce that our genealogical database has been augmented by the addition of some 15,000 new “Moffat” entries, as compiled by the genealogist of the Clan Moffat UK & Eire. These entries are mostly limited to Great Britain, and limited to those bearing the name “Moffat” (or variant), as well as the husbands of Moffat women who marry. Its major advantage is that it contains ALL the Moffats resident in England, Scotland and Wales listed in the 1881 census, so that if your Moffat ancestor was in Great Britain during 1881, s/he will be in the database. Conversely, if s/he is missing, you can assume the person to be deceased, to have emigrated or, in the case of women, to have married and be using a different surname. Our goal is to increase the coverage to all Moffats listed in the UK Censuses 1841 – 1901. Please click here for a more detailed description of the database.
This database will be upgraded on a monthly basis. If you have corrections or additions to this database, please submit them to the genealogist using the SUGGEST facility, so that they can be incorporated in a subsequent upgrade.
|Clan Moffat Genealogy Online
Last Update posted
|03 Dec 2013 - Clan Moffat UK - 36,852 individuals.|
|03 Dec 2013 - Clan Moffat Genealogy - 77,167 individuals.||
Elusive People Full List
A researcher writes "I am hoping to get into the DAR and the only thing I am missing is something connecting the above Peter Craven to his son, John R. Craven (1793-1858). I have proved that Peter is Thomas, Esq's son and that John R. is Eli's father (my great great grandfather). Do you know if Peter made a will? I have Thomas's will and John R's." If anyone can help please contact us through this site.
Hugh Moffat was Mayor of Detroit during the 1870s. If you have any information about him please contact me
Looking for Descendants of Earl Cary.|
A researcher is looking to make contact with any descendants of Earl Cary who might have information about his flying career with the RAF during World War II.