Champer Cemetery is a family cemetery located approximately one fourth mile east of the intersection of Chapel road (CR-63) and Antigua Road (CR-11). It is at the top of a steep hill surrounded by a pasture field which in in 1993 was overgrown witih sapling, multiflora roses and weeds. The cemetery is well fenced but at the present is not being cared for.
The cemetery was read May 31, 984 by Linda Gernert Houyouse and Bernice Reid McClester. It was checked August 15, 1993 by Robert and Bernice Reid McClester. It will be noted that a number of the markers are red ceramic building blocks. Roy Champer of Carrollton who was born in 1900, recalls making these markers while employed by the Carrollton Brick Company from 1922-1925.
(The above from a publication of the Carroll County Genealogical Society, on page 311 in a section of 4 pages about Champer Cemetery. Copies of 4 pages supplied by Penny Simpson).