||David Johnston, b. about 1800, Dumfriesshire, Scotland , d. 14 February 1867, Moffat, Dumfriesshire, Scotland (Age ~ 67 years) |
||Marrion Moffat, b. 1805, Moffat, Dumfriesshire, Scotland , d. before 1851 (Age < 45 years) |
||24 June 1827
||Moffat, Dumfriesshire, Scotland [2, 3, 4]
||Family Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [Adapted by Alaric Faulkner from reminiscences of Lizzie Tait Gallaher, Notes of Stella Fox Beam]
Charlotte Johnson was "the handsomest one in the family" and lived with her mother Marian Moffat Johnson. She lived to become an old maid.
Her grandmother, Elizabeth Austin Moffat, sold her big stone house not long before her death and bought a little cottage where she lived with Charlotte Johnson till her death.*
Afterwards Charlotte lived with her aunt Belle "till her death in no great time."
*However the census indicates that she lived in the old stone house with her daughter Charlotte Moffat just before her death in 1871 
- [S1398] GEDCOM file from file “AdamMoffatDesends”, submitted by Alaric Faulkner.
- [S1386] International Genealogical Index.
- [S1387] Moffat Dumfrieshhire Scotland Marriages and Deaths 1709-1854, 1827 proclamation of marriage.
- [S2201] eMail message titled “Proposed Change: David Johnston (I70997)”, from John Moffat.
- [S1370] Scotland Census, 1871.
This site powered by v. 13.1.2, written by Darrin Lythgoe © 2001-2023.
Maintained by .