ANDREW J BROCKETTT (Alanson 6, Chauncey 5, Abel 4, Moses 3, John 2, John1), BS MD son of Alanson and Anna Moffet Brockett was born in Bristolville, O[hio] March 22 1836. He married first Amelia J Noyes of Fair Haven, Minn., July 10, 1858. She was born July 30, 1838; died Feb 21, 1879. Second marriage on July 14, 1880 to Mrs Mary M Pond of Farmington, O. She was born Oct 14, 1839; died May 21, 1886. Third marriage on June 1, 1887, to Mrs Anna M Whiting, who was born May 21, 1844, at Watertown Conn. His boyhood days were passed upon the old homestead farm, where he imbibed deeply of the spirit of independence and self reliance which characterized his father. During the winter months at the log school house he laid the foundation of that education which has since ripened into broad and comprehensive scholarship. At the age of fifteen he became a student in the Western Reserve Seminary, especially preparing himself to be a civil engineer, from which he later received the degree of Bachelor of Science. In 1856 he went to St Paul Minn to practice his profession. The following spring he went up the Mississippi River to St Cloud, thence overland to Fair Haven, Minn. where he pre-empted 160 acres of land and devoted his attention to surveying.
On Jan 10, 1858, he married at Fair Haven, and in the following spring returned with his wife to Bristolville, O., where he began the study of medicine, graduating from the medical department of the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, March 22, 1862, receiving the degree of Doctor of Medicine. The summer following, inspired with loyalty to his country, both natural and inherited, he offered his services to the government, then engaged in the Civil War. He was assigned to hospital service as surgeon at Cincinnati, O., in 1862; then at Columbus, O., in 1863. On the 22d of April, 1864, he received his commission and was mustered in, as assistant surgeon of the 1st Regiment of Ohio Volunteer Infantry, then detailed as surgeon of the 6th Ohio Battery and Bridges Light Artillery of Chicago, and did active duty at the front until the close of the war in 1865. He then returned to Bristolville, O., and continued the practice of his profession until October, 1883, when he removed to Cleveland, O., which has since been his home. While virtually retired from practice, he has still retained his interest in the various medical societies with which he is connected, namely the American Medical Association, Ohio State Medical Society, The Cuyahoga Medical Society and the Society of Physicians and Surgeons. He is largely interested in manufacturing and industrial lines, being for the last twenty five years vice president of the Huber Manufacturing Co., of Marion, O., which has an extensive plant for the manufacturing of engines, threshing machines, etc. He is also connected in an official capacity with other manufacturing concerns. As a member of the Republican party, Dr. Brockett is held in high regard by the party leaders of the State. In his fraternal relations he is identified with the Masonic order the Odd Fellows, and the Grand Army of the Republic, also a member of the military order of the Loyal Legion of the United States.
Dr Brockett has been three times married, his present wife, who was Mrs. Anna M. Whiting, presides over his attractive home, the center of distinguished refinement and hospitality.